Over the last 10 years, many issues that were once handled at the state level have been shifted to local government. Keeping your members and clients up-to-date on local happenings is vital to any regional organization. Timely and relevant information can make a huge impact on business decisions. Association Business Solutions (ABS) has developed The Municipal Monitor™, a valuable tool that can be tailored for your Association, Chamber or company.
ABS researches and writes a quick and easy-to-read municipal update to give your members timely information on what’s going on in the district governments where they operate. Whether it is passage of a new law that affects business transactions or government plans for a major redevelopment project that could impact the local market, ABS will report on it to help keep your constituents better informed.
In addition to the newsletter, ABS can provide a menu of other related services focusing on municipal concerns for your members:
• Providing your organization unified representation on any major issue affecting the constituents
• Working with your legislative committee to coordinate municipal outreach with state and federal efforts
• Serving as a point of contact for members who want additional information on a particular issue. Members call us directly for research and follow-up.
• Promoting members’ views on proposed and/or enacted municipal ordinances to local officials
• Facilitating meetings between members and municipal and/or county officials on various issues of concern
• Surveying members to ensure focus on municipal issues of greatest concern
• Representing members at various county and local meetings and functions
• Supplying background information of each municipality for your website
• Monitoring, reviewing, and/or analyzing local legislation and regulations
Contact ABS to develop a customized program for your organization.