COUNTY OF MERCER
McDADE ADMINISTRATION BUILDING
640 SOUTH BROAD STREET
P.O. BOX 8068
TRENTON, NEW JERSEY 08650-8068
BRIAN M. HUGHES
CONTACT: Julie Willmot
DATE: May 28, 2009
TRENTON, N.J. — Mercer County’s Music Fest is back, and the 2009 Summer Concert Series lineup features some of the region’s most talented musicians from a variety of musical genres.
Whether you’re looking to wile away a summer evening on the lawn at Mercer County’s Marina or Rosedale Park, or escape your desk for a lunch-hour show at Mill Yard Park or South River Walk, the annual Music Fest is sure to add some spice to the season. Best of all, admission to the show is free!
The 2009 season opener is Saturday, June 20 at 5 p.m. featuring 2U, a tribute act to the enormously popular band U2 that soared to popularity in the 1980s and continues to be a top draw. Shows throughout the season, on Thursdays or Saturdays, offer something for every member of the family. Available for sale will be foods from local restaurants and caterers, a beverage garden, and activities and prizes for children.
Music Fest 2009 concerts:
- 2U (Rock), June 20, 5 to 8 p.m., Mercer County Park Marina, West Windsor
- Verdict (Reggae/Caribbean), June 25, 5 to 8 p.m., South River Walk Park, Trenton
- Arturo Romay (Latin Jazz), July 9, noon to 2 p.m., Mill Yard Park, Trenton
- Party Dolls (‘60s, ‘70s, ‘80s pop), July 11, 5 to 8 p.m., Mercer County Park Marina, West Windsor
- Jimmy and the Parrots (Buffett/Caribbean), July 23, 5 to 8 p.m., South River Walk Park, Trenton
- British Invasion (Classic Rock), July 25, 6 to 9 p.m., Rosedale Park, Pennington
- Wenonah Brooks (Jazz), noon to 2 p.m., Mill Yard Park, Trenton
- Ernie White Band (Rock ‘n’ Roll), Aug. 1, 6 to 9 p.m., Mercer County Park Marina, West Windsor
For more information on Music Fest 2009, visit www.whatsgoingonthisweekend.com.